The Lord bless you and keep you. The Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you. The Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you Peace. (Numbers 6: 24-26)

Friday, June 18, 2010

A New Priest Arrives

It is hard to convey in mere words the joy that I feel every time I tell someone that I am the Priest in Charge at Christ Memorial, Mansfield.  Many long years of discernment, prayer, education and patience have led me to this small town with its large history and promising future.  The people of Christ Memorial have opened their arms and their hearts to myself and my family, and for that I am eternally grateful.  We have been made to feel right at home, and if feelings are any indeed an indication of things, then we are in just the right place.

I owe thanks to my bishop, the Rt. Rev'd D. Bruce MacPherson, who not only put up with me during those long years of discernment and training but has been a constant source of stability and strength to us all.  I have not known a time in the last seven years when I was not in his prayers, and he in mine. 

I owe more thanks and praise than I can ennumerate in this space to my loving wife who has given of herself so often and so readily since we met seventeen years ago.  More than anything, she has been a constant source of love and wise words to me, and a magnificent mother to our children.  And to my children, I owe thanks for putting up with all the moves, the cold winters in Wisconsin and, at times, the uncertainty.  God has truly blessed us with smart and loving children.

Saving the most important for last, I owe everything to God, my Creator and my Savior.  He knew me long before I knew myself; He alone has saved me and the whole world; He continues to pour out His Grace and His Love upon all of His Creation.  To Him be all honor, glory and praise.

I hope to use this blog as a way of communicating the Good News to the people of this parish, this city, this state, this country and even this darkened world.  Do I think my words will somehow change the world?  Not hardly, His Word has already done that.  Rather, I hope to offer interesting tidbits, commentary, news and an occasional original thought every now and then. 

So, dear reader, let's explore what God has in store for us!

Fr. Michael+

No comments:

Post a Comment